Monday, February 24, 2014

Valentine's Day lunch at KC Filipinas Golf Resort Club

Saint Valentine's Day was spent with the whole family. We just had a simple lunch... I'm not sure if you'd call Korean dishes as simple, but I think it's normal fare for Yeyette who has a Korean palate. What I know that is not simple is the place where we had our Valentine's lunch date: KC Filipinas Golf Resort Club, Inc.


Glassy entrance.

Baby Juanito surveying the immense green that is Hole 1. 

Jefe happily doing a cartwheel on a sloped area.

Formerly known as TAT Filipinas Golf Club, KC Filipinas Golf Resort Club  is reputedly one of the best and most challenging golf courses in the country (Tiger Woods better check this out to verify it). It's under Korean management, so don't be surprised if you see mostly Korean golfers in the place. But hey, they're a friendly bunch. They keep on smiling at you whenever you bump into them — are Koreans really that friendly? Some even conversed with me using their language... duh, do I even look Korean? I could only smile back in response. =)

But me and my family we're not interested in golf. We had other things in mind: the ambiance, the fresh breeze, and of course, this...

Sorry. I forgot the names of each dish. Yeyette did tell me what each is called but I forgot them almost immediately, being too Asian for my ears. Who cares? They all tasted great!

Saint Valentine's Day are for lovers indeed... and who gave you the idea that a couple are the only lovers around? :-)

The golf course is located in San Pedro's elevated parts to the west. During the early days, it was a forested area called "cahuyán" (literally, "woods") which connects to the jungles of old Dasmariñas in Cavite where the legendary outlaw Nardong Putik (Leonardo Manecio) used to prowl. When the golf course was being developed, the original owners must have spared a couple of trees from the old cahuyán because some of the trees I saw there were the ones I usually encounter during mountain hikes (I just don't know what they're called). Well and good.


I'm not exactly a fan of hitting a small and innocent ball with a metal club. But after visiting KC Filipinas, I started to read a lot about golf, and it seemed to be an exciting sport after all. Too bad that it's always associated with the elite. But of course. Most golf players today, at least in the Philippines, belong to the upper strata of society. Businessmen are the usual patrons of this sport. I'm no businessman, and my wallet is almost always on the brink of starvation whenever payday is around the corner, haha So it's a wild guess when I would be able to lay my hands on one of those mean looking irons and hit those balls all the way to China's Presidential Palace (and hopefully explode there). Anyway, as a friend of mine aptly put it, golf is good only for business transactions.

My three boys was able to discover other fun things to do here, such as rolling around the grass!
Lucky Krystal. When I was her age, I never got to do this.

♥ ♥ 


By the way, there's no need to worry: although Korean, KC Filipinas is Gangnam-Style free. =)

Click here for more photos of our golfing experience that had nothing to do with golf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us some love!