Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Happy 38th birthday, Yeyette!

Pepper Potts: Am I going to be OK?
Tony Stark: No. You're in a relationship with me, nothing will ever be OK.
—From Iron Man 3


And so that's what it is with us. You married an imperfect man, somebody whose mind is still trapped in illusions and daydreams, actually still a boy who refuses to grow old. You married a swain who gifted you with (soon-to-be) five kids but equaled it with five times the headache. You married someone who gave you probably more pains than pleasure. Still you chose to stick it out with me.

You chose me to be your concomitant for life, not expecting much out of a brittle promise (I was a college kid back then, remember? dreaming of becoming a rock star with a tennis racket for a guitar) but looking forward to life with hope and joy.

I wasn't able to deliver what needed to be delivered a hunnerd percent. But your love for me is so boundless I am a hunnerd percent sure that you have made God so proud.

Being the perpetual loser that I am, I wasn't able to reciprocate your wifely heroics. And for that, I apologize. I am so sorry for all the tears caused.

Inspite of all the stress and tears I wittingly or unwittingly gave you, you still look younger than me, haha. So there.

Thank you for never leaving my side. Me and our kids love you so much. Of course you know that already. Happy 38th, mi amor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us some love!