Friday, July 18, 2014

35 V

♩ ♫ 35 years and my life is still | Trying to get up that great big hill of hope | For a destination ♬ ♪

"Mozart wrote so many works in his thirty-five years that it would take a lifetime just to write out the notes", said the late US musician Lukas Foss. "We literally do not know how he did it."

Well, here I am. Thirty-five and all without having written a single note yet. But hey, I won't trouble myself with that anymore. I'm already done with melodramatics this morning. This day is still awesome despite all of life's bull and the power outage we've been having since Typhoon Glenda wreaked havoc in our country last Wednesday. And because we still have no electricity, we also have no water supply. And because we have no water supply, I have been playing the role of aguador for the past two mornings, going to and from our neighbor's water pump carrying buckets filled with precious water to our already arid second-floor apartment unit. Afterwards, I bathed in the rain (the first since my unforgettable trip to Mindanáo last year). Then me and wifey treated our kids to their first ever buffet lunch at Cabalén here at Alabang Town Center! And yes, because of the said power outage, we're still here at this mall as I write this.

Feeling kinda Pampangueño here at Cabalén!

Power outage or no power outage, the first day of my 35th year is still electrifying because I am spending it with the people I love the most! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us some love!