Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Burot Beach again and again!

Who would have thought that we would go back to faraway Burot Beach for a third time? Yes, you heard that right! Actually, the first time was just me and my hubby Pepe three years ago, on April 16, 2013.


The second time was a two weeks later, April 29, this time with the whole family (Junífera Clarita was not born yet). We even camped there through the night.


Then third was just this summer of 2016, last May 22. It was Junífera Clarita's first time. We also tagged along my immediate family members (mother side). It was also their first time in Burot. It was thrilling for their part because they have not visited a beach for such a long time! 

It was raining hard in many places for about a week or so, that's why prior to our Burot escapade, I was always praying that may it not rain on our planned visit to the beach. I prayed to all the angels and the saints, especially to Santa Clara de Asís, the saint you have to call if you do not want to rain on an important event in your life. I also asked Mama Mary's help, that they may all pray to Almighty GOD that it might not rain on our beach escapade, that may the sun shine completely so that my family would enjoy the last days of summer.

Thank GOD! On the day of our excusrion, He granted my prayers! I thank all the angels and the saints, especially Santa Clara de Asís and Mama Mary, for interceding. So now, you know what to do if you don't want to rain on your important events.

Flame trees on the dirt road to Burot. These trees start to bloom during summer.

It was my second time to have experienced this miracle. The first time was during my wedding with Pepe three years ago. It was raining for a week prior to our wedding. So off we went to the monastery of Santa Clara de Asís to offer some eggs (it's a Catholic tradition) and asked her to pray to GOD that it might not rain on our wedding day. And Thank GOD (and also thanks to Santa Clara de Asís' intercession) because it really did not rain on our wedding day! It drizzled for a few minutes, but there were lots of sunshine. The drizzle did not even damage my make-up, as if it never drizzled at all! I really believe in the power of prayers...

Going back to Burot Beach. We were enjoying the sands and the sea as if it was just the first week of April, LOL! We also hired a canoe to go to Burot Beach's sandbar near Pandac Island. It is quite popular among beachgoers because of its unique quality: it is shallow despite its distance from the shore! It's just knee-deep even during high tide! And the waters are so clear you could see the fine white sand on your feet. We all had fun swimming, especially the kids because it's something new to them! We found starfishes, small crabs, and even sea urchins! You can check out our fun sandbar video here!

 It's my third time here!

Summer pose!

My handsome nephew Allen and my pretty nieces Kate and Krishna! 
Mommy and her two gems: me and Kathleen!

From stolen moments...

...to fun moments!

#SunbathingPaMore

Lunchtime!

My sister Kathleen enjoying her first canoe ride!

Something rare: a six-armed starfish!

Handle starfishes with care. Our children do!

There are much bigger starfishes at the sandbar off Burot Beach.

Why do we keep on coming back to this place? Because of its white sands and its clear water plus the exciting beach recreation it offers to people of all ages. We also love the privacy. However, during our last visit last May 22, we saw more people than ever before. It's either Burot has become more popular than ever, or maybe because of the El Niño phenomenon. We didn't get to have much privacy unlike before. Back then, we could even take a selfie with no people behind us, even at the sandbar near Pandac Island. Check out my video with my hubby Pepe recorded during our first time in Burot. We were the only ones swimming there. Another thing me and my hubby had observed was the amount of trash left behind by irresponsible beach goers. You can also check out our first Burot photo album to see how clean the place was when only a few people knew the place. So please, if you plan to go to Burot Beach, please make sure that you bring plastic bags for your trash to keep the place clean and beautiful. Or the management could also install garbage bins and have people check their guests to maintain the cleanliness of the beach. I also noticed that the waters now have dried wood floating. They were obviously from the bonfire of campers. I do hope that guests who will use bonfire would clean dispose their leftover wood on a safe place, or maybe the management should implement their guidelines on cleanliness more strictly. The people administering Burot Beach now charge ₱65.00 per person, much higher than before. And now more people are visiting it. That means more money for them. With that amount of money, we expect a more cleaner Burot Beach.

Peace, everyone. Don't get mad. What I'm telling you is for the love of nature. so that all of us will get to experience the unspoiled beauty of Burot Beach for a long time. <3 =)


Aroma thorns. These plants are plentiful by the beach. So be very careful.

Selfie! Want more of our recent Burot Beach adventure? Then click here!

We Love Burot Beach!

All in all, my last visit there was more fun and enjoyable than the first two. I do hope that the people who are taking care of the place will be more strict in implementing rules on littering. Burot Beach will always have a great place to my heart. I once saw the beauty of it and I want to go back there and see the beauty of it again.

Till next time, Burot Beach!

YEYETTE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us some love!